Cogmatic Gear Machining Custom Large Gears & Sprockets, up to 18-feet Diameter
Cogmatic produces large custom gears up to 18 feet in diameter and heavy sprockets at 20″-40″ in diameter (and larger) holding tolerances to .005”, making us your source for accurate custom parts. We also fabricate flame hardened custom gears and sprockets for drums up to 18’ for extreme environment applications.
Flame Machining Advantages
- Quicker and more cost-efficient than conventional machining/hobbing
- Consistent, accurate results with complete system control and documentation
- Ideal for big parts for large drums, conveyors and crawler applications
- Alternative to tooling up with castings or forgings for new designs
- Good choice for unique, large parts seldom replaced
- Wide range of tooth designs possible
- Used in large drums to process semi-solid aggregate type products
- Crawler or conveyor sprockets
- Used in large heavy engineered chain applications
- Efficient choice for standard roller chain upper sizes from RC80-RC240 at 6′-14′ diameter
Cogmatic flame machining, combined with our other sophisticated capabilities like spin-induction hardening up to 50”, complete computer control and documentation, is your best choice for 1 or 100 custom parts.